GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PLEASE, CHECK THE WEBSITE REGARDING ALL INFORMATION ABOUT : LANGUAGE CLASSES REGISTRATION, METHOD OF PAYMENT AND DEADLINE, LOCATION, CANCELLATION POLICY, ATTENDANCE AND MAKE-UP CLASSES, COURSE PROGRAM, COURSE CALENDAR, TEXTBOOKS, PRIVATE AND GROUP CLASSES, ETC.. FOR ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION YOU CAN CONTACT: INFO@STEFANIABORRELLI.CA
HOW TO REGISTER
STEP 1: If you wish to register a course or workshop, please review first our Terms and Conditions.
STEP 2: Fill and submit the Registration Form, only if you have read as a whole and agree to our policy.
STEP 3: Make a payment by choosing your preferred method (see below). After the payment has been made the course is considered booked .
We regularly review our policies before the start of each session to make sure they’re up to date and in line with our ethic and professional principles which have to be respected and accepted by all the students who wish to register a course or workshop.
Generally classes take place in Nepean in a home setting which will be communicated at the time of registration.
TUITION AND PAYMENT DEADLINES:
All classes, courses and seminars must be booked in advance as well as paid in full.
If your payment is not received in advance of the class start date, we reserve the right to postpone or cancel your registration.
If you cannot attend a course or workshop, you can send someone in your place.
Once registration is complete, you will receive a confirmation by e-mail.
Payment deadline is 15 working days before the start of a language course OR ten working days before the start of a workshop.
METHOD OF PAYMENT:
CHEQUES: payable to Stefania Borrelli. Please, contact email@example.com for mailing information
INTERAC E-TRANSFER: send you money using online banking
BY CREDIT CARD: by phone at 613-857.8705 . 3% service charge to pay by credit card via Square.
CASH: payment must be done after submitting the registration form and before the start date (like for all other method of payment)
REGISTRATION AND CANCELLATION POLICY FOR LANGUAGE COURSES AND WORKSHOPS
• Early registration is recommended to ensure a place.
• Late registrations are accepted only in case there are still spots available in the class but we cannot guarantee the complete number of registrants before the course start . Therefore we reserve the right to cancel a course ahead of time – about one week before the course start date – if a minimum of 3-4 registrants is not reached .
• Cancellation made 3 days before the beginning of the course incur to a penalty of $ 50 for administrative fee OR $10 for a workshop.
• There is no refund if cancellation is made after the beginning of the course. However, if a student cannot attend the course and informs the office within seven days from the beginning of the course, fees can be accredited to a subsequent term.
- If the student does not finish the course, fees will not be refunded.
In the event that your Italian course does not have the minimum number of students (3), you will be offered the choice between three alternatives:
1) a full refund of your course fee
2) the alternative of continuing to study in a semi-individual class (2 students) but with a reduced number of hours of lessons (one and half hour per class).
3) 7 individual classes
DISCOUNT FOR FAMILY MEMBERS AND FRIENDS
Family members or friends who register together to a language course will benefit a discount of 10% each. Please also note that discounts cannot be accumulated.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MODIFY OR CANCEL ANY COURSE IF THE CONDITIONS IN THE CLASS - FOR ANY REASON - MAKE IT DIFFICULT, UNCOMFORTABLE OR INAPPROPRIATE TO CONTINUE THE TEACHING PROGRAM
ATTENDANCE AND MAKE-UP CLASSES
You should attend at least a minimum of 70 % of the classes (ex. at least 5 classes of 8). If for any reason you need to miss some classes you may want to take some private lesson to catch up with the other students since we need to follow and finish the program in due time.
POLICY ON COMMUNICATION TO STUDENTS
The teacher will communicate with students for official purposes via e-mail and expects that those communications will be received and read in a timely fashion. Official correspondence may include, but is not limited to, matters related to students' participation in their classes, cancellation/postponement of a class due to severe weather condition or due to illness, or any other unforeseen situation as well as for important notices for individual students (warnings, advising requests, etc.). It is for this reason that all students registered to a course program are strongly encouraged to check regularly / daily their e-mail , especially before each class. Failure to do so may result in a student missing important notices or information and will not be considered an acceptable excuse for failing to receive or act upon official correspondence from the teacher.
No official communication will be made via Facebook and Tweeter since social media are not utilized
by the teacher.
MAKE-UP CLASSES FOR GROUP COURSES :
- EACH GROUP COURSE LASTS 8 WEEK PERIOD : absence for personal reasons, early departure and late arrivals, are no reasons for making up lessons or reimbursements. If you need a flexible timetable you may want to consider taking PRIVATE CLASSES
- Being that group classes follow a curriculum and have a fixed start and end date, we aren’t able to provide students with make-up classes. However, teacher is more than happy to provide you with whatever material they cover in the classes that you miss.
- If you miss one or two classes you can attend another group class of your level in the same session. Exceptionally, no more than three classes you are allowed to make up – at no charge – in another group class of the same or following session.
INDIVIDUAL AND SEMI-INDIVIDUAL CLASS POLICY:
• If you need to cancel a class, we should be notified 24-hours in advance. Exceptionally, one or to classes can be postponed at no charge if re-scheduled during another day during the week.
• If the class takes place on a Mondays, we should be notified on the previous Friday before 5.00 pm.
Otherwise the class will be charged.
• If the class takes place after a holiday, notice must be given on the previous work day. Otherwise the class will be charged.
• The 15 hour program must be completed within about 3 months or no more than 12 weeks
• The 6 hour program must be completed with about 1 month or no more that 6 weeks.
• If the student does not finish the course within the allotted time, fees will not be refunded.
To be placed at the appropriate level, registrants have to complete a Placement Test.
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The password will be communicated after course registration