PINO CEMBRO (SWISS STONE PINE)
Swiss Pine is a very special tree with amazing properties that grows in the alpine region approx. 1,400 to 2,500m (8200 feet) above sea level. This wood has intense aroma and keeps moths away. Studies at Joanneum Research Institute in Austria prove that pine has positive effects on psychological well-being and human health, on blood circulation, sleep, and heartbeat stabilization. The beneficial properties of the "Queen of the Alps" stone pine have been used in the Alps for centuries.
Healing powers and areas of application of Swiss Stone Pine
- balances sensitivities to changes in the weather
- relieves the circulatory system
- soothing and strengthening
- moth deterrent
- sleep inducing
Results of the research study in a nutshell
- According to the studies, The calming properties of the precious Swiss stone pine oil have a beneficial effect especially for inner agitation or stress.The heart rate of the test subjects in the Swiss Pine room was independent of the atmospheric pressure and, as opposed to the subjects in the ordinary timber clad room, did not suffer from any atmosphere related syndromes.
- When the subjects were under mental and physical stress Swiss Pine reduced the heart rate. During periods of rest Swiss Pine sped up the vegetative recovery phase.
- The beneficial effect on the heart of sleeping in a Swiss Pine bed is approx 3,500 ‘saved’ beats per day, i.e., the heart has to work about 1 hour a day less.